Sunday, December 7, 2008

The other day, my wife and I were thinking of a political cartoon. Unfortunately neither of us is talented enough in the visual arts to render it properly, but I will try to describe it. The image of Uncle Sam is lying face up in the dust of a Texas town. His hands are gnarled and his face is twisted in a death grimace. Three buzzards ready to feast surround the corpse. These are labled "A.I.G.," "Citi-Corp" and "Bear-Stearns." Three more circle overhead, "GM," "Ford" and "Chrysler." To the side is the image of George W. Bush in cowboy garb with a large, a very large, cowboy hat. He is blowing the smoke from the barrel of his six-shooter. No caption. No words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't need to see it drawn, Richard. Your words painted it clearly for me.