Thursday, October 30, 2008

Whenever a third rate dictator from any third world nation is forced from power for any reason, the last thing they do as they walk out of the door is rape the treasury, steal as much as they can of the people's wealth. It's not a spur of the moment thing. It's orchestrated, formulated, planned and practiced. Much like the old time western movies, while the good gang and the bad gang fight it out at the ranch, the wicked land baron is in town emptying the safe. In the movie, the hero shows up in time to stop the wicked land baron, but that's only in the movies. In real life, the thief and his cronies slither away to live out their lives in luxury. Welcome to the latest version of this scenario: the economic bailout. The wicked dictator, George W. Bush, and his cronies, the corporate elite, will walk out of the door with a trillion (it will be a trilliion before they're done) dollars of tax payer money. Unfortunately, there are no heros to stop them.

2 comments:

Richard said...

To the readers, if there be any. In my haste to make this post I violated rule #1 for journalism; always proof-read your copy. "third rate" should be hyphenated. There is only two "i's" in trillion, and heros should have an "e" , heroes. Sorry.

Richard

Nancy Simpson said...

Richard, I like the way you think and how you arrive at truth by way of metaphor. I know you are a prose writer, but this short piece hit straight into my heart the way a lyric poem strikes. The affect, without hesitation, brought a response from deep inside, "Yes. True."

Nancy Simpson

p s I saw your story on the netwestfair site for members, and was entertained, but did not comment. You got some good feed back though. I'm being forced to stay focused on this blogging business for now. And I am trying to get my poetry manuscript out to publishers.

Check out my blog and let me know what you think.

www.nancysimpson.blogspot.com